Cherry Cheesecake Dip
8 oz package cream cheese softened
1 container of whipped topping
1 large container of vanilla greek yogurt
1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix
Can of cherry pie filling
With an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese, greek yogurt and pudding mix until smooth. Fold in whipped topping until fully incorporated. Spread into a dish and top with the cherry pie filling. Serve with vanilla wafer cookies or graham crackers. Wine pairing: Deer Run 2014 Corot Noir.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup Deer Run's Runway Red wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl combine ground beef, panko, parsley, allspice, nutmeg, onion, garlic powder, pepper, salt and egg. Mix until combined.
- Roll into 12 large meatballs or 20 small meatballs. In a large skillet heat olive oil and 1 Tablespoon butter. Add the meatballs and cook turning continuously until brown on each side and cooked throughout. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- Add 4 Tablespoons butter and flour to skillet and whisk until it turns brown. Slowly stir in beef broth, red wine and heavy cream. Add worchestershire sauce and dijon mustard and bring to a simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the meatballs back to the skillet and simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Serve over egg noodles or rice and alongside a glass of Alpinismo or Runway Red.
Jalapeno Corn Dip
1 bad of frozen corn
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 tbsp. chopped jalapenos (canned or fresh)
dash of hot sauce
smidgeon of cayenne pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
1 8 oz. brick of pepper jack cheese shredded
3 chopped scallions
Salt and pepper to taste
Blend the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add cayenne and hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Fold in corn, jalapenos, scallions, and pepper jack cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Serve with Alpinismo or Ciclismo.
Naan Cheese & Tomato Flatbread
1/2 cup cheese per flatbread (we used a blend of mozzerella, parmesean and iberico cheeses)
Grape tomatoes halved
Drizzle olive oil on the flatbread and top with cheese, tomatoes and pepper. Bake at 400 for 12 minutes. Serve with Ciclismo or Riesling.
These are each simple, doable recipes that hopefully might find their way at one of your next gatherings. Cheers!