As we are approaching Valentine's Day, a popular day for proposals, we wanted to highlight some of the very best reasons that make Deer Run Winery such a wonderful place to hold a wedding! If you are dreaming of your future wedding, then this post is for you!
1. Beautiful Grounds – There is no need to find a separate location for stunning wedding photos. Our wedding couples have access to our picturesque vineyard all day, so your photographer can capture the moments you will want to cherish forever! Deer Run Winery also has beautifully maintained gardens and a pond, making for a gorgeous, natural setting.
After your vineyard ceremony, guests will make their way to our outdoor pavilion for the reception, combing the ambience of a tent with a barn-like style. Beautiful woodwork, stone flooring, and romantic bistro lighting bring the term “Country-Chic” to a whole new level!
2. Convenient & Unique Location- It is no secret that Deer Run Winery is the oldest operating winery on beautiful Conesus Lake. We offer a country-style wedding venue, located minutes from the beautiful historic village of Geneseo, NY. Deer Run winery is conveniently located near 390, making it easy for guests to travel in from Rochester and Buffalo! There are plenty of excursions nearby that your guests can enjoy while in town visiting, such as Letchworth State Park. We also offer shuttle and hotel recommendations should you be looking to house guests traveling in for your special day!
3. Delicious Award-winning Wines – With the local beverage industry booming, give your guests a taste of what New York State has to offer! Deer Run Winery offers bar packages solely showcasing NYS craft items. Start your bar off with 6 of our best-selling Deer Run wines, then expand to add in special select craft beer & spirits! While many wedding venues are limited to mainstream, bulk sold items, we give our couples the opportunity to be creative and customize their bar package.
4. Flexibility to Choose your Own Caterer –The food is a particularly important part of a wedding. We want to make sure our couples choose what works best for them and for their guests! After all, you know your guests better than we do! While we do supply a recommended list of caterers, we allow you to select one of your choosing. Feel free to select a caterer that provides the cuisine you enjoy most and what works best within your budget! Served, buffet, stations, and food trucks…we have had it all! Let our Deer Run Event Team act as the liaison between you and your caterer. We will work with them to ensure your dining experience is flawless with no stress on your end!
5. Experienced Event Team – Hospitality is our passion! With combined experience totaling nearly 40 years, our team has perfected the planning process and execution of weddings & events. We will guide you through the planning process step by step, from start to finish to ensure no detail is missed! We will meet with our couples throughout the planning period and coordinate the “run of show” day of! We will assist with setting out décor, ensure we are keeping to a timeline, and maintain open communication with your vendors throughout the day. Our mission is to make your dream wedding come to life!
If you are interested in scheduling a tour of Deer Run Winery, please email email@example.com; we would love to meet you!
I am the winemaker's wife. Scott and I married in 2014 and I transitioned from a hospitality manager to a grape farmer's wife, event coordinator and blog author.