When the automobile was invented people fell in love with driving, and going for a drive is still a cherished pastime that can be done even when one is under quarantine. After Scott and I finished up work yesterday the sun was shining so beautifully we decided not to head home right away, but opted to go for a drive together around Conesus Lake. I enjoyed it so much, I felt that maybe you would too! So here are my points along the way to look for when taking a leisurely drive around our hometown lake.
1. The Conesus Lake Inlet - located at the South end of Conesus Lake, a great spot to watch the pike and walleye run! Just across the street a couple hundred yards away is also the Conesus Lake Inlet walking trail. I recommend bringing boots appropriate for walking in some mud as the paths are pretty wet this time of year.
2. Alpaca Farm - there is an alpaca farm located at the Southeast side of the Lake where you can see these adorable animals, albeit from the road!
3. Barns - there are some large barns on Conesus Lake and I know that some folks love to see and take photos of old barns (Kris Knight!)
4. Shoreless Acres - They are open for business and serving up take out - if you are hungry check them out!
5. Lakeside homes - When I was a young girl, one thing I loved to do was go for a drive with my Father in the '89 Chevy Celebrity station wagon into suburban neighborhoods and dream about one day living in a spectacular home. I still enjoy looking at gorgeous homes and dreaming and Conesus Lake has plenty of stunning homes to offer!
6. Camp Stella Maris - This well known summer camp is located high on the East side of Conesus Lake
7. OSB Ciderworks - Located at the North end of Conesus Lake you will find our neighborhood cidery owned and operated by a brother and sister team producing hand-crafted hard ciders
8. The Beachcomber - This crab-shack style restaurant is a staple on Conesus Lake's west side, they are open for to-go orders for pick up Friday - Saturday from 4-8 pm.
9. NOBS Brew Company - located a short drive down Bronson Hill Road just north of Conesus Lake, they are also currently offering curbside pick up!
10. 3 Legged Pig - Not feelin' fishy? Head here for some incredible smoked BBQ and house made sauces! Located on the North end of Conesus Lake on the corner of Rochester Road.
11. Deer Run Winery - You are here! Stop by and take a look at the new construction (this project is on a temporary pause) and place an order for wines or a slushy to-go! We will deliver right to your car!
Just 20 minutes south of Rochester, Conesus Lake has much to offer and is conveniently located, making it a perfect drive that won't take too much time out of your day!
I am the winemaker's wife. Scott and I married in 2014 and I transitioned from a hospitality manager to a grape farmer's wife, event coordinator and blog author.